Friday, March 27, 2009

Coin Quilt for Titus

Thank you all so much for your sweet birthday wishes! My b-day is very relaxed so far, which is just what I needed after a long week. I finished the quilt top and backing for Titus' coin quilt that I have been making along with Coin Quilt 2009 Flikr group (see link on my sidebar).



The pattern idea came from one of my favorite quilters, Allison from Cluck Cluck Sew. Before I learned to quilt, she had a very similar design for sale in her etsy store...but I wasn't fast enough to grab it up! She encouraged me to explore quilting, and here I am! Having the time of my life with an age-old artform! LOVE IT!


I'm still trying to decide how to quilt it. I'm ready to try free-motion...but I thought a diamond design on point would look great too...any suggestions??

AND...if you haven't yet entered, go HERE for my birthday doll quilt giveaway!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

You make me want to learn how to quilt.

Ariel said...

I'll help you!

Mandy said...

Problem is, I have ZERO room. Zero.

Cheryl said...

Ariel,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad you stopped by. It is giving me the opportunity to stop by yours. : ) I am in the process of makign a coin quilt as well. I got my pattern from Moda bake shop. Amanda from crazymomquilts blog posted it there. I too am at a loss on how to quilt it. I am curious to see how you do yours.
Well, off to look around your blog.