Monday, May 3, 2010

Orange and Aqua Spiderweb Quilt - FINISHED!

Woo Hoo! Woot woot! Remember all the pictures of blocks as I planned this spiderweb quilt? It's finally finished! The spiderweb block was my block for the Sew Kid at Heart Quilting Bee on Flickr. At first, when there were no plans for a new baby, I thought I'd just make this a lap quilt for myself and the couch, but I'm so excited to plan the nursery around it now that we're expecting...
I love the look of a soft, crinkly quilt, but decided that stippling this one would not highlight the beauty of the octagons. I decided to go with 1/4" straight lines on each side of the blocks' seams and it made for a very geometrical look.

It's backed in my favorite Katie Jump Rope print by Denyse Schmidt...the basket weave in blue/aqua. Her KJR line is so very soft, so this was perfect for a baby.

Thanks to all the flickr friends who participated in this quilt by sending their finished blocks! I love that if you look really closely, you can see the Heather Ross gnomes that Kerri added, as well as the bits of fabric others added as well. I will cherish this quilt for years and years!


Wanna peek at something else that is way cooler than my quilt? My hubs is an engineer by day and wood-worker by night. He's been busy designing and building Titus' "big boy bed". Here is his progress. He has both the headboard and foot board built and has the side railings and removable toddler rails (for our extreme "roller" boy) in the works. In the words of Titus, "Daddy, you're the man...."





11 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, love the big boy bed. You guys are just bursting with talent aren't you.

Mary Carole said...

Oh WOW...I LOVE, let me repeat L.O.V.E. that quilt! So very nice! :-)

~MC

Mama Pea said...

Great quilt and great bed! Love them both!

Kerri said...

the quilt turned out gorgeous!! it is so fun to see the two blocks i made in it!! :)

titus's big boy bed is amazing!! i can't believe you hubby did that!! very talented!!

Allison said...

Its beautiful!!!!! Its going be even better snuggled around a NEW baby!

Jackie said...

The quilt is beautiful! I also love the bed frame. What a talented couple you are.

Mama Spark said...

Your quilt is amazing. I really love it and the quilting is perfect. You and hubby are both very talented!

Allie said...

Love, love, love your quilt! Your nursery is going to be so cute.

Petit Design Co. said...

the quilt is gorgeous, and the bed is not too shabby either!

Sophie said...

Oh my goodness this is beyond adorable, I love this and I l-o-v-e the header on your blog. Your blog is lovely, thank you so much for sharing! Keep up the great work!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Wow your hubby made a bed, that looks a whole lot like our bed. http://osagebluffquilter.blogspot.com/2009/07/coming-up-in-this-world.html

Patti