Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pop Garden Quilt


One month late, but here it is...the Pop Garden Quilt for my momma's birthday :) I'm very excited to see it finished. So much hard work and a lot learned on this quilt. My free-motion quilting skills have improved and I am getting more creative with making up my own patterns.



The aqua, red, yellow, and green remind me of my mother. She is an optimistic gal and I wanted to create a quilt that summed up her personality. She loves gold finches...my grandmother also loved gold finches and they remind me of both of them...warm and bright ladies whom I love so much :)


9 comments:

lesthook said...

The doll is cute but I really love the quilt!

Jackie said...

You did such a great job on the quilt! I love it!!! I am still intimidated by free motion quilting, but yours looks so good you just might inspire me to tackle it someday.

The doll is adorable, too. Great work! I am sure she will be well-loved.

Kerri said...

the quilt and doll look so lovely!! and your free motion quilting looks great!!

Lynsey Grant said...

Wow, Ariel, the quilt turned out beautiful! I love, love, LOVE the colors! Oooohh, and the doll...so adorable! You did a great job! :)

Mandy said...

Wow,what a great job!

ilovebabyquilts said...

I'm in love with that quilt! Love Pop Garden. Great job!

Philigry said...

i love the quilt and the doll! beautiful.

B. said...

The quilt is amazing, late or not! The doll makes me a little sad that I have a 2 year old boy who totally is in love with trucks and mud.

amy smart said...

What a fabulous quilt!! I love that fabric and I love what you've done with it. VERY cute. Thanks for sharing!