Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally...a Pincushion

There is finally a home for my pins. I've been sewing for years and you may recall my earlier post about not owning a pincushion. That's ridiculous. So, I shopped for a long time for a pincushion to meet my needs and expectations. I must be quirky, because it's just a stuffed pillow for your pins, right? It doesn't really have to be anything fancy, right?


I shopped and looked for a large pincushion with pizazz. I just wanted something as bright and unique as the fabrics I love. There are lots of little ones out there, but I wanted a honker. So, I broke down and made one today while T was napping. I used pieced 3" strips of Anna Maria Horner Good Folks, cut into two 8" circles. It's certainly full of pizazz...and it's a biggin'...I don't know if it's the loveliest cushion of all time, but I'm happy my pins finally have a home.






And, if you haven't entered my latest giveaway...go HERE. Down Shadow Lane Fabrics is sponsoring 5 Fat Quaters from Heather Ross' West Hill Collection!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

i love the pincushion!! this has been on my last for awhile now. i just need to sit down and make one!! :)

Robin said...

That is exactly what I need to make...Looks good!

Jackie said...

The pincushion looks so bright and cheery! You did a great job!

"The Queen of Free" said...

Cute, cute. You are so talented. :)

Ariel said...

shucks...you all are so sweet. Thanks for your kind comments!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Ariel your blog is wonderful!!

jonahbonah said...

wow! i am amazed at your talent!!!!!!! i love quilts...i just don't think i have the patience.