Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the Picadilly Lily Mini Quilt



I sold my first two items on etsy yesterday, and today, sent them off to their new homes! I'm so excited to get this little shop up and running. There is a new mini quilt listed today and I love the color combination...



This little sweety is called "Picadilly Lily". I had just enough natural linen left to use for the backing, but had to piece it, just to make sure I didn't "cut it too close" (funny pun!) It gave me a chance to use some "girly colors" that I just don't get to play with often, being the momma of a BOY.

I used just a little bit of some vintage pink fabric with a tiny, fuzzy yellow pindot. The mix of fabrics really gives it a vintage "feel". I quilted it using the same design as the Mini Pop Garden quilt. I think I'll be ready to go back to free-motion soon, I've had a nice little break.





4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, you've really hit the ground running.

Jackie said...

I just love your mini quilts. Great job on selling items in your shop. I think you are very talented. Keep up the good work!

Kerri said...

such a pretty quilt!! i love the colors and fabrics you chose! congradulations on your first two sells!! ;)

Sylvie said...

What size are these "mini" quilts?