Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blush & Butterscotch MiniQuilt



Here is the completed mini quilt I worked on this week. I have yet to decide if I want to list this in the shop, or set it aside as my Spring Doll Quilt Swap piece.



I used mostly Heather Ross "Lightning Bugs", as well as "West Hill" and some "Mendocino". There is one square of Denyse Schmidt, just to keep from being too matchy-matchy. I like to mix things up a bit...I'm such a wild woman. It's bound in Amy Butler's "Seeds in Duck Egg".


Free-motion gave me such a run for my money on the Pop Garden Quilt, that I decided to quilt this one using converging lines. It's completely random, but I enjoyed letting my artist brain work for a bit on this one. It puckered on me in a few places, but it adds to the soft quilted feel.




I'm giving it the name, "Blush and Butterscotch" because the colors are sooooo yummy. Up close, you'll see the softest blush pink, cotton candy blue, and buttery yellow. I selected soft linen for the backing and it really brings out the quilting. A whopping 17" square, this quilt was a simple and satisfying project.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

What a cute little quilt. I love the artistry you put into all of your work.

Robin said...

very pretty! love the quilting and all the fabrics!

Barb said...

What a beautiful little quilt! I especially love how you quilted it...

Lynsey Grant said...

Ooooh, so cute. Guess what. I just got my first order from J Caroline's....woohoo! I'm starting a quilt in reds and aqua's, so be ready for lots of questions... :)
p.s. Did you know that Wal Mart's fabric section is closing? All their fabrics are 50%+ off. I just got tons for under $2/yd. I know its not the best quality stuff, but a lot of what I found wasn't too bad.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your work is so easy to look at!

Kerri said...

such a lovely quilt!! i too, love how you quilted it!! :)

Kerry said...

It's very cute. I love your quilting.