Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finished Coin Quilt


ahhhhh....There's just nothing like a finished quilt, fresh from the dryer...


I finished Titus' coin quilt today and am so pleased. Even after all the frustration of learning to free-motion quilt, it feels great to have stuck with it and finished. Thank you all for your sweet comments and great advice about my thread tension struggles! I love having a wealth of knowledge out here in blog land...you all are such smart tarts!



It is increadibly cold and windy here in Indiana today. Yuck. Please excuse my "windy photos"...these were the best I could get and I couldn't wait until tomorrow to show you!





Can't you just hear the wind and feel the "brrrrrr"....???






Here is the pieced back







I love how just washing it once can make it crinkle up!




And isn't this REALLY what quilts are for???






8 comments:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

Love it! It's so adorable! Great job Ariel!

Jackie said...

You did a great job! I think it turned out wonderfully. Your little boy looks so happy with his new quilt and I am sure that makes you feel good. I have only ever stitched in the ditch because I am afraid of free motion quilting. Way to go!

Staci K. said...

This is my first visit to your blog - and I'm glad I found it! My first free-motion quilt was also a stacked coin baby quilt. There are pictures on my blog. I also have to say that I really like your windy pictures. The way the quilt is flapping in the wind and the contrast of the bright quilt against the grey sky is very nice.

Anonymous said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! Way to go!

Mandy

ni said...

your little one is SUPER cute :)and that quilt looks beautiful.Love the mix of beautiful blues
& greens and the back fabric is lovely.
nishi

Kerri said...

love it!! i just started a coin quilt, have some of the sqaures cut, but need to cut them in half still!! :)

jonahbonah said...

that is just beautiful!!! how do you get the lines in the quilt??? just twirly around in your regular sewing machine or do you have a fancy quilting machine????????

BEAUTIFUL by the way!!!

One Flew Over said...

A stunning quilt adnd lovely inspiration as a coin quilt is on my to do list! So pleased I found your blog.