Friday, April 24, 2009

A Spring Mini Quilt Swap


I just registered to participate in the Quilting Gallery's Spring Inspired Mini Quilt Swap. If you're interested in participating too, go HERE. There is also a link to the swap in my sidebar.


Last night I finally finished my swap piece for the Spring 8x10" Swap, hosted by the 6 O'Clock Stitch. I'm busting to show it to you because it incorporates art with quilting, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for my swap partner, Nishi! I'll let you all see it after she does ;)


From what I've experienced so far, swaps are a really fun way to exchange your creativity for someone else's. I love the idea of getting to keep a piece that was created by a mind completely different from my own. It's fun to see what others come up with and how they think. The mini quilt swap sounds like a great way to share your favorites with a quilter you may have never met, and see what they create just for you. So, I'll get off my soapbox for now and let you explore!


P.S...Don't forget to enter the Giveaway for 5 Heather Ross fat quarters from Down Shadow Lane's fabric store! Go HERE.
_

2 comments:

Kerri said...

i signed up yesterday! :) maybe we will be swap partners!!

Ariel said...

I would LOVE that! Wouldn't that be fun?!