Thursday, September 3, 2009

FINALLY, a Quilting Finish!

I've really missed sewing. It's so good to clear my head and thoughts as I watch the mind-numbing repetition of needle up, needle down.



I managed to finish my quiltie for the Doll Quilt Swap 7 today! Woot! I'm crossing my fingers that it will be greatly loved by my partner!

This pretty fabric print on the backing is one of my absolute favorites from Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line. The color just "grabs" you and I'm really fond of the block-print look of the flowers. I even threw in a little hand-quilting because it's easy to do while watching TV and quiet while my kiddo is napping.

Speaking of Kiddo....Look at the determination during our craft time today! Sometimes he fools me into thinking I'm looking at a tiny replica of my husband :)

12 comments:

Allie said...

It is lovely! I'm sure your partner will love it!

Amanda said...

This is so great, Ariel. Your partner is going to love it. I'm sooo jealous!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

so cute!! and i'm sure it will be loved!

Kerri said...

areil, your partner is very lucky to receive such a lovely quilt!! wish it was coming my way!! it would sure look great in my new studio. :)

One Flew Over said...

A gorgeous quilt Ariel and I just love the photo of your wee one x

Kevin Ashe said...

Beautiful quilt!!! Love the photo of your son, absolutely adorable!

Jackie said...

That quilt is just adorable. It is good to see another one of your quilting creations. I love your artwork, but you always make such neat quilts. Love the picture of your son, too. What a cutie. Take care.

Kelly O. said...

seriously LOVING your label!!!!

B. said...

Who wouldn't love that! And Titus is too cute, he really does look like he's working hard!

Lynsey Grant said...

Pretty! Did you do the embroidery by hand or on your machine? My machine has an embroidery function but I've been too chicken to try it out:) Titus is really concentrating! Annabel's idea of coloring is two scribbles and she's done!

STEPHANIE. said...

oh my goodness! I absolutely love this! So cute, and so much great color! :) B-E-Autiful!

jmb_craftypickle said...

It is SO loved!!! I already hung it on my quilt wall and looked at it for a long while, while nursing. Thank you so much for blessing me with your creativity. The effort and care that went in to making this quilt make me so happy and appreciative. Keep up the wonderful work, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!