Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homecoming Outfit for Baby

Ever since we discovered that we were expecting another boy, I had all kinds of projects on the brain that would use up some of my favorite Heather Ross scraps. I knew I wanted to try some comfy crib shoes after seeing all the cuteness Kerri had in her old etsy shop. Then, it turned into a whole outfit for my little guy's homecoming...

(the pants in this photo are made from the "Kimono PJ" set in Amy Butler's Little Stitches book. However, the crotch is extremely shallow, so I'll either have to modify it or find a different pattern...)

...then I made a couple pairs of crib shoes for upcoming baby showers
A HUGE thanks to Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew for trying and recommending Joanna's Crib Shoe Pattern, found HERE. (And, thanks Allison for giving me the idea to use some Katie Jump Rope with my Heather Ross scraps :) Joanna also has a cool pattern for a bean bag on her blog that I'd love to check out!
....And, now my sewing machine looks like this...and the hubs is once again mourning the loss of his "nice, clean, dining room table"....ooowah ah ah!













12 comments:

Mandy said...

Too stinkin cute!! Makes me want to have another baby. Or maybe not. =)

Kerri said...

those are all sooo cute!! LOVE them!!

ilovebabyquilts said...

O. M. G. This is the cutest pile of cuteness i've ever seen!!! I love every single thing you're showing. That is a perfect outfit. I tried to do the same thing to a few onesies, but yours look way better.

B. said...

Oh my. I'm a little embarassed at what Andrew came home in now. Amazing as usual. Don't you love being a boy mom. I'm just waiting for you now.

Allison said...

cute cute cute!!! I thought those little shoes looked so small and would for sure fit our baby when he came home from the hospital...so I took them with me and they were HUGE! They still don't fit a month later and he's a chunk! :)

Jamie said...

How adorable! Looking at those cute little shoes is making me think about having a couple more! =)

Jackie said...

Those are all so adorable. I love those tiny little shoes. The appliques are a great idea, too.

PrettySnug said...

The little booties are just too sweet!

Angie said...

Love it! Especially the shoes, so cute! Such a talented girl:)

Love ya! Ang

Lynsey Grant said...

Please tell me you're putting some of this cuteness in your store! I would love some matching shoes/ top!!

Vana said...

so so cute Ariel!

savvy stitch said...

Love all of these!!!