Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good friends

I have a friend named Lynsey. We grew up together in small town Indiana....okay, TINY town Indiana, in the middle of cornfields, where our dads knew the art of mastering an awesome hayride-done-right.

One thing I've always loved about Lynsey is her creativity. She always had a sketchbook of some sort and one of her favorite things to doodle was trendy gals, dressed in ball gowns, with trendy names like, "Annabel". Well, my fun friend grew up (as did I) and had a beautiful blonde baby girl and named her Annabel :)
I have to take a moment to brag on Lynsey's talent, because I feel like it's the people we grow up with who shape us into the people we are today. I'm a little bit more adventureous and creative having known Lynsey :) And, here is her first finished quilt. It doesn't even look like a "first quilt" to me! I love it so much and the colors are darling. I just had to share it with you!




CONGRATULATIONS on your first quilt, Lynsey!!! (First of many, I hope!)

6 comments:

Kerri said...

congradulations to lindsey!! it has been almost a year since i quilted my first. :)

i completley agree with you about childhood friends. i cherish all my memories with mine.

One Flew Over said...

A superb first quilt...can you imagine what her 10th will look like?!!!

SewAmy said...

wonderful for a first quilt.

Mary said...

Oooooo..... sooooo pretty! I have simultaneous quilt envy and quilt phobia. I so badly want to learn to put patchwork together, but feel desperatly ill equiped to pair fabrics unless they came out together! Lindsey's quilt is fabulous! Love it.... and since I got my fabric from you today (gnomes and toadstools) I feel inspired anew....

B. said...

Okay if that is her first, I quit!

Stacey said...

I love looking at your Flicker Album. I need to figure out how to do one myself. Your first quilt is so nice.

Happy Quilting
Driving Miss Stacey
Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop