Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap 7

I've just signed up to be part of the Doll Quilt Swap number 7! This is an open flickr group for anyone who wants to join the swap. Deadline to sign up is this Friday or the first 200 people. From what I've seen in the flickr pool, this is a GREAT swap to be part of. Head over to take a look and find out more about joining.



I spoke with Kerri yesterday and she recommended updating my flickr favorites for my mystery partner to know exactly what I like and dislike in a quilt. I'm so excited to also find out who I'll be making a quilt for. I think it will be so fun to see what they like/dislike, so that I can create a work of art just for them!



Here is a little insight to my quilting taste...aren't these so beautiful??



1. Block Party - Quilted, 2. In the shop, 3. Pinwheel Quilt Top, 4. Red Riding Hood Papercut :), 5. Petunia Goes to Town, 6. Spider Web Quilt in Progress, 7. close up of mushroom girls, 8. Placemat Swap, 9. Doll quilt, 10. sis boom 2, 11. corsage clutch, 12. "Red Cross", 13. DQS6 top done, 14. DBJ blocks, 15. hedgie~ the double hourglass quilt, 16. Flying on Aqua, 17. spiderweb quilt in tan, 18. Bridget's Pinwheel Quilt, 19. Mysteries at the Market Quilt, 20. Close-up Pinwheel Quilt, 21. single girl, 22. Single Girl Quilt, 23. Log Cabin Quilt Blocks, 24. Dresden Plate from colorful wall hanging, 25. red/aqua#7C

Some other helpful info for my mystery partner....

-I'm a little crazy about Little Red Riding Hood and the colors red/aqua

-my absolute dream quilt pattern is "single girl" by Denyse Schmidt

-Hand quilting and hand-embroidered illustrations are awesome!

-I'm not a big fan of batiks, novelty, country/primitive, or shiny fabrics

-I love asymmetry...a little modern wonkiness never hurt a quilt!

Thanks for letting me share, folks! I'll look forward to sharing the quilt I'll be making for my partner as well....now, I need to get back to sewing before naptime is up!

5 comments:

Kristine Hanson said...

I have joined, if you don't mind me asking how do you make a favorites sampler? I know how to mark something as a favorite but I don't know how to make one of those big samples like you have and others have posted on the swap...thanks!

One Flew Over said...

You have some great favourites!

Calico Road said...

I just signed up too, and like Kristine Hanson, I too need a little help to know how to make a montage like you did of your favs. Would you mind giving us a little help? Thanks!

Ariel said...

Hi, Gals! Here is a link for anyone else who might like help making a mosaic...

http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

follow the instructions and it will allow you to save to your computer and/or upload to a flickr account. Enjoy!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i joined too!! i need to make one of these collages... i keep spending lots of time staring at everyone else's!!