Saturday, June 4, 2011

'Water for Elephants Quilt'




I've been sitting on these pictures for a couple weeks, hoping I would get a chance to edit them. Alas, here they are...un-edited :)


When I saw this quilt pattern from Cluck. Cluck. Sew., I knew it was perfect for my friend, Julia's modern baby boy nursery. She has great taste and is decorating in a mod baby transportation theme.

Don't look too closely. It was my first straight line quilting attempt. Boo of a job getting even spacing and straight lines. I'm going to go ahead and say that I heart free-motion quilting far better. Who knew? This was also my very first quilt pattern to follow. I highly recommend this one. Allison is always spot-on when she shares her quilting techniques. I can't wait to try another one of her patterns. MUST finish quilting the two I have in-progress first ;) My poor hubby has been waiting forever for his quilt to be finished. If you listen closely, you can hear him sniffling behind this one as he holds it up for the picture ;)






2 comments:

free indeed said...

Looks great! I like the look of straight line quilting..very modern..will have to try it sometime myself.

Jackie said...

It looks great!