Friday, June 11, 2010

Pillow Front


Okay, my super awesome partner has received HIS pillow from the Pillow {Talk} Swap on Flickr...here's a peek at the front. I had the coolest partner, John of Quilt Dad, so I wanted to think of something "manly and fun"...

I whipped up a swatch of Spoonflower fabric that features John's new family pup, "Tula". She turned out to be just the right size for little hexie sewing. Now you know why I was so reluctant to show the front ;) Little Tula would have given away the surprise!

We're off to see "Gordon" from Sesame Street in-person tomorrow at our PBS Kids in the Park day....Titus is super stoked to "meet" Super Why! (If you have a toddler, you probably understand this completely, right?) Happy weekend, all!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

The pillow is totally cool. How awesome that you created a piece of fabric with his dog on it. You did a great job.

Nova said...

wow Ariel! What a wonderful wonderful pillow! SO thoughtful and so cool! You are the pillow queen!
x

Val R said...

I LOVE the pillow! What size hexies did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Great job!

Anna Joy said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this pillow and have posted a link to it on my blog. You've inspired me... I was looking for something fun to make as a birthday present for a quilter, and this is perfect.

Sara @ One Silver Thread said...

Jumped over from Quilt Dad's blog just to say that I love, love, love the pillow! Seriously, my jaw dropped when I saw it. I'll stop gushing now... just wanted to let you know :)